CALL TO WORSHIP:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30
Coffee & Muffins 9:30 AM Sunday School 10:00 AM
Today’s Offering – BCBC Child Sponsor
Worship Service 11:00 AM
Worship Leader Sid Dueck
Announcements & Offering
Offering – General Fund
Devotional – Ward Parkinson
Commissioning & Prayer
Sunday School offering in Oct. – BCBC Child Sponsor
Adult Sunday School – Worship in the New Testament
Offering – General Fund
Speaker – Ken Zacharias, EMC Foreign Secretary
Potluck Lunch – everyone welcome!
Monday, Oct. 15
MCS Board Meeting 7:30 PM
Tuesday, Oct. 16
Youth Lesson Night @ church 7:30 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 17
Senior Lunch 12 noon
Deacon Meeting @ Sid & Bea 7:00 PM
Thrift Shop Volunteers
Tuesday: Norma, Roselyn
Wednesday: Sylvia, Liz
Thursday: Carol P, Mary F
Friday: Janet, Samantha, Mary Penner
Saturday: Trudy, Jane, Leanne
Come for coffee and muffins Sunday mornings Fundraiser for the Jamaica Mission trip.
Today, in the Sanctuary Adult Sunday School Class, we began a series on Worship. It is based on a series called Come Let Us Worship by Don Thiessen. Everyone is welcome.
Oct. 23, 7:00 PM – Gospel Echoes Dessert & Concert Night
Singin‘ in the Grain, October 27, Springfield Heights Mennonite Church (570 Sharron Bay, Winnipeg), 7:30 – This fundraising concert for Canadian Foodgrains Bank will feature the Eastman Male Choir of Steinbach and the University of Manitoba Concert Choir. Come out and support MCC’s account at the Foodgrains Bank and help people who don’t have enough to eat.
Nov 14th – MCC banquet at Arborg Hall
Remember in Your Prayers
Jameon Loewen as he studies at Capenwray Bible School in England.
Congratulations to Donovan & Cathy Dueck on the birth of their son Blake Riley Donovan, born on Oct. 8, 2012
There is an urgent need for all skills of construction workers in Minot, North Dakota where many, many families are still in temporary housing and waiting for assistance to rehab their homes. The time for families to stay in FEMA housing is drawing toward to a close. Among the families waiting to return home are the following:
– A family with 4 children, including a set of 20 month old twins, a 5 year old and a 3 year old. Two of these children have special medical needs.
– A three generation household where the father has a critical chronic illness and therefore is no longer able to rehab his own home. There are two elementary aged school children in this family. The mother is now the sole financial provider but works on the home in the evenings and on weekends.
– A family with two school aged children whose father has often “been the first to help others”. The father recently had a medical event and his physician advised him to not do any construction work. The parents had rehabbed her mother’s home before doing their own.
– One rehab currently under way is the home of a paraplegic who has mucked out his own home and has begun to rehab his own home. He has made a heroic effort at rehabbing his own home but can use some volunteer labor to give him a boost.
– In addition to the above MDS Minot is currently working on 6 other homes and there are many, many other families on the case management list waiting for volunteer labor to assist them in getting their homes repaired.
Please call Sarah Yoder at 1-800-241-8111 to schedule.
Are you interested in helping to cook, serve, or clean up at a Widow’s Banquet? Volunteers are needed to help at the Arborg banquet on Oct 30th and also at the Fisher Branch banquet on Oct. 25th. Please call Elmer & Louella Bartsch @ 364-2795.
Lesson Night/Small Groups at Morweena Church at 7:30
No Event (Gospel Echoes Concert)
Children’s Carnival at the Morweena Church – More details to come. (Event open to all ages)